Contemporary Lighting For Modern Indian Homes
If you’re a modern homeowner in India, then just getting that extra piece of furniture to redo your home isn’t enough. Bathe your space in great lighting and you’ll see a world of difference. So how do you keep your home chic and warm, and well lit? Take a look at some of our ideas.
1) You can choose to have a piece of lighting as the main attraction in your living room. Keep it simple and elegant with this Swarovski and crystal piece designed like an oil lamp. The elegance lies in its design of the olden times, yet it’s a sensible piece as it will add plenty of light to the room. Not just a statement piece, this design is actually quite functional.
2) If you want to create a more relaxed atmosphere, then get a fitting which diffuses the light. The light will spread in a more uniform manner and avoiding any kind of glare and giving your space a cozy feel. This Triboa bay cocoon lighted table lamp, for example, will be a great way to achieve the perfect soft look.
3) Instead of installing different pieces all over the house, you could even opt for one statement piece of light. There are different kinds of statement pieces available nowadays, make sure you go with one that matches the tone of your house and your personality as well. You can go for something eccentric, or if you don’t want to experiment much then best stick to an elegant option. For example, this Zeppelin light suspension. It’s use of muted colours with this standout design works well to create a piece with the right balance of style statement and functionality.
4) Flush mount pieces are great for whole-illumination. You can choose to go with a big or small piece depending on the size of your room, but make sure to invest smartly in this piece as this usually becomes the main feature of any room you decide to install it in. You can go for this Dotzauer design found on Mansionly if you want it luxurious and of course, functional.
5) You can also try a different kind of lighting fixtures in different designs to give your space a more refined, and luxurious appeal. Step away from the regular lighting designs and maybe invest in an off-beat design like this:
This Dotzauer chandelier speaks of pure luxury but the design isn’t stuffy and is a little playful. With crystals hanging off in an asymmetrical pattern, a chandelier like this can be an interesting addition.
6) A great lighting fixture to invest in is lamps. They can be moved around, work as a decorative piece on their own, and they can work as an overhead piece on another piece of furniture. Another great point about investing in a lamp is the sheer number of options you have. If you want a more earthy appeal there are various options available like the Triboa bay spiral staircase floor lamp.
The Triboa Bay Vasco Billiard Lamp is another great option, made of black wattle wood and metal, the design is quite contemporary and will infuse the light instead of having it glaring in one direction.
There are many ways to play around with the lighting in your home while keeping it contemporary and not compromise on the design and the luxury factor.
You can find a different variety of lighting fixtures at Mansionly, from crystal and Swarovski work to wood and metal. Mansionly brings the finest of interior accessories to India, with something for everyone